There is power quality metering throughout, VESDA fire detection and LED lighting.
The University of Chicago POD B was designed with a 2’ high raised access floor. There is power quality metering throughout, VESDA fire detection and LED lighting. The new data center has a chilled water pipe tied into campus chilled water system. Newly installed pumps and heat exchangers were placed within the building to feed this area. New duel feed electrical services were installed to provide the 2.125 megawatt system that powers up 85 rear door cooled data cabinets. Each cabinet is designed to have 25kw of power per cabinet and is fed from the Starline bussway via individual buss buct switches mounted the cabinet. Project features:
- ComEd Infrastructure = 2.4 megawatt design load, two 12KV lines to automatic transfer onsite that in turn feeds(2) 2500KVA transformers.
- Incoming service= (2) 3000A 480V services. Services terminate into double ended Switchgear with tie breaker.
- UPS = (3) 825KVA Eaton UPSs feed to a common Paralleling Swithboard. The (450) batteries in the system at full load will allow 20minutes of run time.
- Feeder Distribution = (3) 480V to 415V/240V 750KVA transformers provides power to (3) separate data floor distribution panel
- Branch Distribution = (9) Starline bussways runs each feed with a 600A 415V/240V feed.