Bringing It All Together
With these unique services, Clayco delivers a seamless, transparent and fully integrated delivery experience for our customers. Clayco views this process as a normal event. It’s what we do every day. It’s not a segmented endeavor, but a continuum from the initial idea to the final outcome.
Our pre-construction and construction management services are all-inclusive to successfully deliver every project.
It is our mission to deliver a successful project for all involved through an experience that is rewarding and leaves all teammates with a shared sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, looking forward to the next opportunity to work together. Being a fully integrated design-build firm, Clayco has extensive in-house support available for the project. Our pre-construction team is made up of a mix of project management, estimating, scheduling and BIM experts, in addition to our Technical Assurance Group (TAG). TAG will be involved throughout the design and construction to provide design reviews as well as a building systems analysis.
The following list is representative of our wide-ranging and in-depth expertise.
- Project Execution Plan
- Safety Planning
- Site Logistics/Materials Management Planning
- Develop 4D Schedule
- Develop and Manage Scope and Cost Model
- Sustainability Planning
- Value Analysis/Value Enhancement
- Material Procurement
- Value Analysis/Value Enhancement
- Material Procurement
- MBE/DBE/WBE Community Engagement
- Subcontractor Procurement
- Identify and Develop Early Work Packages
- Constructibility Review
- Building Enclosure Review
- Early Subcontractor Workforce Engagement
- Document Set-Up and Review
- Document Completeness Coordination Review
- Commissioning Planning
- Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
- Life Safety Procedures
- FF&E Procurement
- Cash Flow Projection
- Owner Equipment/FFE Coordination
- Prefabrication and Modularization analysis
Clayco leverages its current and past relationships to ensure best overall pricing and product availability.
Clayco’s Consolidated Distribution Company (CDC) offers benefits to make buying more competitive and reducing project costs for owners.
CDC negotiates with major national brands and leading global manufacturers to ensure market-competitive pricing, effective planning, cutting-edge design and technical and logistic support. We look at strategic sourcing opportunities in construction equipment, architectural materials, interior finishes, fixtures and furnishings.
One of the greatest advantages is the opportunity for mass purchasing of work, products and materials. This becomes a challenge with several project components, one Clayco is accustomed to solving creatively. CDC provides integrated design strategy and purchase power to projects and clients internally and externally. The strategy centers on:
- Direct Purchasing
- Assignment of Clayco-Owner-Purchased Items
- “Just-in-Time” Delivery
- Specialized Bundling of Bid Packaging
- Maintaining Budget Tracking Between Multiple Components
- Appropriate Packaging for Inclusion
- Appropriate Teaming Opportunities with Prime Subs or Design-Assist Partners
Our integrated process allows our team to combine the technologies and expertise of some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The expanded firm has proven expertise in commercial, residential, multi-use, interiors, healthcare, retail, planning, landscape, education, and industrial architecture, as well as a strategy team which uses economic and ethnographic data to consult with clients on workplace trends and asset optimization. Among the firm’s unique capabilities are the Technical Assurance Group (TAG), which consults with project teams to apply lessons from the built environment to projects still on the drawing board, and the Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) team, which provides BIM support for the use of integrated models and provides collaboration space for real-time decision-making by owners.
- Safety, including Training and OSHA partnerships opportunities
- Fast-Track Delivery
- Site Logistics/Materials Management Implementation
- CPM Schedule Implementation
- Environment Performance and Sustainability
- Cost and Schedule Control
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Subcontractor/Workforce Relations
- Procurement/Bidding/Evaluate National Subs
- Submittal review/Approval Process
- MBE/DBE/WBE Engagement and Procurement (Maximize)
- Meeting Management/Minutes
- Construction Administration
- Electronic Document Management
- Celebration of Successes and Key Milestones
- Promoting a Positive Workplace
- Project Reporting to Leadership
- Efficient Billing/Payment Process
- On Time Delivery within Budget
- Proper Training and Closeout
- Expedited Punch List Completion
Fast-track expertise featuring speed, reliability and quality.
Clayco takes an aggressive, turnkey approach to designing projects. Lamar Johnson Collaborative (LJC) is a full-service design and architecture firm committed to enhancing the quality of the human experience and improving how design and architecture impact the individual. LJC achieves client goals by harnessing the power of integrated design, including architecture, workplace strategy, interior design, landscape architecture, urban planning and engineering. The firm’s integrated team of experts are continually poised to deliver a custom solution on time, on budget, guaranteed.
We go above and beyond to integrate with the design team early to ensure every opportunity to enhance the project schedule is realized while maintaining strict adherence to the Client’s quality standards. We have an ability to predict most issues ahead of time while providing solutions through our Technical Assurance Group (TAG) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and providing tremendous added value at each step along the way.
Specializing in project delivery.
Clayco Design and Engineering was created to diversify and grow our industrial business unit’s capabilities with a focus on efficiently delivering robust design-build architectural and engineering solutions. Led by an experienced, multi-disciplinary team of engineering professionals and integrated project delivery specialists, the Clayco Design and Engineering team brings a tremendous amount of engineering expertise to the Clayco enterprise from a wide array of industrial segments such as food & beverage, consumer products, manufacturing, and life-science products. With a construction-led approach to safety, cost, quality, and schedule; Clayco Design & Engineering engineers and develops process solutions to ensure that our clients can deliver their market-moving products in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner while staying on the cutting-edge of innovation. With this team, Clayco provides the following integrated services.
- Process Mechanical Engineering (Process Flow, Block Flow, Mass Balance, P&ID’s)
- Process Equipment Sizing & Selection
- Packaging & Material Handling System Design and Integration
- Mechanical Engineering (HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Utility Systems)
- Structural Engineering (Building Frame, Footings, Foundations, Floor/Equipment Slabs, Supports, Platforms)
- Electrical Engineering (EV Battery Manufacturing, Power Distribution, Lighting, Generators, Life Safety)
- Food Safety Expertise
- Industrial Plant Code. Safety Compliance
- Low Voltage, Instrumentation Controls, Automation Design
- Wastewater Equipment Selection
- Project Management
- Plant Startup, Commissioning, and Checkout
- Food and Beverage (Including Prepared, Raw, Dairy, Indoor Agricultural (Vertical and Greenhouse), and Pet Food)
- Consumer Packaged Goods (Including home and personal care)
- Light Manufacturing (Including Packaging, Paper, Canning, and Aluminum Converting)
Virtual Design and Construction
Our visionary approach toward the implementation and use of digital technology has enabled us to be at the forefront of today’s ever changing and competitive marketplace. For Clayco, this vision revolves around our ability to fuse the most advanced virtual design and construction processes with our talent. Our ability to integrate Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design Construction (VDC) practices into our processes ensures that we deliver a design-build experience that is second to none. Clayco’s Virtual Design and Construction Services include: VDC Project Delivery Plan, Visualization, Building Performance Modeling, Preconstruction Coordination, Model Derived “Location-Based” Scheduling, Real-Time Estimating, and Training.
Our integrated project delivery approach is reflected through our belief that collaboration, quality, technology and safety are paradigms of a progressive design-build company. Our capability and proven track record of over 10 million-square-feet of BIM projects delivered exceeds the established industry standards and is emphasized via our integrated practice.
VDC is a natural fit for Clayco and an extension of our commitment towards our clients and overall business excellence.
For more on how VDC influences the building process, read our innovation story This is Technology.
Our Technical Assurance Group (TAG) is an asset that is unique to the industry. Our skilled, experienced and innovative TAG team supports all of our business units and projects by meticulously formulating and testing design solutions, ensuring our design and construction process is of the utmost quality.
In addition to observation related to specific scopes of work, TAG architects and engineers periodically visit the jobsite for general observation of the construction progress and installed building components. This extra level of scrutiny assists the field team in recognizing and addressing construction issues early in the schedule, which reduces the possibility of costly repairs or adjustments later in the process. This saves our valuable clients time and money while ensuring they end up with a one-of-a-kind building they can rely on.
- MEP/FP Scope Review
- MEP/FP Project Basis of Design Development
- MEP/FP Estimating and Bidding
- Peer Reviews of Design and Construction Documentation
- Energy Modeling
- LEED Scorecard
- On-site QA/QC Inspections of Critical Building Components
- Shop Drawing Review of Critical Building Components
- On-site MEP/FP Construction Observation and Verification
- LEED Activity Monitoring
- MEP/FP Start-Up,
- Fundamental Commissioning or Enhanced CX,
- On-site MEP/FP Construction Observation and Verification,
- LEED Submission
The depth and breadth of our resources.
We have strong subcontractor relationships that are enhanced by our growing presence nationwide. Our truly integrated business model allows us to have reach and expertise beyond most regions, and through all levels of the value chain. This reach brings a higher level of buying power, which allows greater cost certainty and strategic self-perform and purchasing capabilities. This is also achieved through our subsidiaries Ventana (High Performance Façade & Curtainwall Systems) and Concrete Strategies (Concrete Construction) which are uniquely positioned to increase efficiencies that help our clients realize value of our partnership.
Clayco has been built to support the design and construction industry with self-performing concrete, and expertise that allows our individual companies to be more knowledgeable and more adaptive at integrated solutions. These companies all function as independent firms performing substantial work for other firms, not just Clayco. This makes them competitive and sharp within their individual segments of our industry. They are involved with our team from day one to bolster our performance during pre-construction which adds significant value through engaging in constructibility reviews, planning, value management, scheduling and budgeting. They will also offer best practices and lessons learned that we will apply to the design and planning with the mission of providing best-value solutions for our clients.
Through Concrete Strategies and Ventana, we self-perform concrete construction and building enclosure systems including: Concrete Foundation, Vertical and Horizontal Structural Concrete, Sitework Concrete, Glass curtainwall façade.
Our real estate development team consists of the best and brightest in the industry and we are selective in choosing projects that are the most impactful to our clients and the communities in which we work.
CRG is Clayco’s private real estate development firm that acquires, develops, and operates real estate assets. CRG is focused on delivering the best real estate development solutions to our clients and partners. We offer unparalleled planning, design and construction expertise by leveraging Clayco Collective companies Clayco and Lamar Johnson Collaborative. Our full integration way of operating sets us apart from our competitors.
- Site Selection
- Land Acquisition and Negotiation
- Feasibility and Economics Analysis
- Public Presentations and Entitlements
- Planning, Design & Development Management
- Financial Structuring
- Incentive Discovery & Negotiation
- Lease Negotiations
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Tenant Occupancy Coordination
- Contractor & Vendor Maintenance
- Lease Compliance & Administration
Clayco is committed to meeting the needs of our employees, clients and future generations in a manner consistent with environmental responsibility.
As a builder and modeler of the built environment, we believe it is our duty to protect and preserve the natural and cultural resources of the communities we serve.